so i'm joanna, or the joey, or whatever. i like acting, movies, music, classic novels, poetry, and my Bible. take a read if you like... thats why its here.

4.07.2007

The Anatomy of a Single Tear

a single drop
escaped my burning eye;
you could barely hear the rip
as something in my chest
tore just a little more.
fibers inside me
have been ripped before
but i never could get used to it.
don't hurt me
before i fall in love,
because i've never hit the floor this hard.

i don't know that you could hurt me now.
a cut or two from a knife of yours
hurt me the first and second times,
but scars form thick,
and pain hardens into apathy.

-jm

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniella@ThisCouldBeMeToday said...

oooh i really like this one. its sad. but good. very very good. kinda different from most of your others.

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home